GOLD Medal Winner 2020
Recently, the ULTRIS 20 was awarded with the GOLD medal from Vision Systems Design for its innovative technology. We are proud and deeply honored to receive this outstanding award. Vision Systems Design Magazine USA celebrates and recognizes the most innovative products and services in the vision and image processing industry worldwide since 2014.
Furthermore, the ULTRIS 20 is nominated for the inspect award 2021. Vote for the ULTRIS until Oct 16th, 2020!
Bringing Light Field Technology to HSI
The Cubert ULTRIS breaks new ground as the first HSI camera that is based on the light field technology. The camera features an Ultra-HD CMOS sensor with 20 MP, making it to the imaging spectrometer with the world-wide highest available resolution. The camera provides a native image resolution of 410×410 px with 100 spectral channels, continuously covering the wavelength range from 450 nm – 850 nm (± 10nm).
The ULTRIS records an object with a multitude of images, each with its own optical bandpass filter with different center wavelength. This is made possible by combining a continuously variable bandpass filter with a lenslet array. Applying this concept to the UHD sensor, the previously unheard number of 160,000 spectra is acquired simultaneously.
perClass Mira included
Each ULTRIS now comes with a full version of perClass Mira, a user interface for interpretation of hyperspectral images. It allows users to define classification and regression solutions and deploy them in the live applications of Cubert cameras. Mira provides automatic machine learning without programming and enables the users to interactively improve their solutions.
UAV Mapping with the ULTRIS
The ULTRIS can easily be attached to a common drone, with a necessary payload less than 2kg.
- Time to prepare the camera in the field and calibrate it to the current light conditions: <15 min
- Time until you can analyze the data after flight acquisition: ~5 min. Just transfer from flight computer. No preprocessing necessary.
Image below: ULTRIS Colored Infrared (CIR) mosaic, 188 single snapshot images, image overlap 80%/70%, flight height 35m, GSD 5.5cm.
The ULTRIS is available in three different housings.
- Standard light-weight housing IP40 (S20) – With its mass of less than 350g, the camera is even more light-weighted than the established FireflEYE 185, making it ready for an easy handling onboard a UAV.
- Industrial housing IP65 (Q20) – To meet the requirements of harsh industrial environment, a special ruggedized housing is available, ensuring a high robustness.
- Waterproof housing IP68 (U20) – Upgrade the ULTRIS to IP68 and use it underwater to a depth of 10m for 10h.